Sunday, August 3, 2008

Patchey the Painter

Aaaaargh, ahoy matey! That's right, I'm speaking pirate. Alas is time to finally paint the baby's bedroom. Okay, hes not so much a baby anymore, but i finally have the walls prepped and a severe itch to put my BFA to work.

The theme of the room if you haven't guessed yet is pirates and sea life. Capt. Jack Sparrow will be gracing a wall, and the wonderful world of Bikini Bottom will also make an appearance. I am thinking about limiting it to just these two themes, but am open for any other suggestions that might be cool to create. Feel free to submit ideas.

I have been trying to do research for murals in bedrooms, and i have to say, there isn't a lot out there. Let me correct that statement. There is a lot out there, but the majority of it isn't very good. There are a few stunning pieces i have seen, so there is some inspiration there, but it looks like i will just have to wing it. Having not sketched or painted in a while, i find myself a little rusty, and truly having to blow the cobwebs out of the visual recesses of the right side of my brain. It will be interesting to see how long this takes me. Will it truly be "like riding a bicycle", or will it be more like trying to figure out trigonometry. Well see.

I will try and keep some pics going up of the progress, that way everyone can experience my success, or my difficulty with math.

I suppose i should stop stalling and jump to it, so avast mateys, its time to hoist the sails and set sea. Aaaaaargh. The course be set for a land of paint and wonderment. Aargh... aarh... ar

No comments: