Monday, July 28, 2008

Bouncing Baby Girl

On this day of the year, some time ago, my parents gave birth to a baby girl. That baby girl would become my only sibling, my friend, my protector, and my confidant.

I say all this because my sister and I were raised in the military. Because of that, we moved to different parts of the country, and often would have to count on each other to be our first friend in a strange location. I believe this gave us a bond that some siblings miss out on, but something that has always been there, no matter how many miles separate us now.

I have great admiration for my sister and her ability to persist. You see, she has always been someone who has seen a direction for herself, and has made it happen. She is accomplished academically. She has always been revered in her workplace. She has overcome some great personal trials in her life, and some ongoing. None the less, she is always holding her head up and moving forward.

My sister is very generous. She will help and provide advice when ever she can. She will extend herself in whatever means she can.

Today, I honor my sister. For all the reasons listed and so much more, I wish her a very happy birthday. Here's to you!! I love you!

No comments: