Sunday, May 25, 2008

Need AIR

Busy week. So here it is.
Monday started out stressful, as it was suppose to be the last day of my temp job with Wells Fargo. At the last minute we were told we would be moved to another dept. Much relief, as the stress started rising of a possible lack of employment for another unknown period of time. I am still trying avidly to get back to design, but it is slow going when you give 8 hours of your day to WF and then have children to come home to. I will just keep plugging and hope that things take for the right turn. Anyway, the week has been full of training for the new dept.

Monday was also a great game of softball with the Skirt Turtles, and a foot race that was inspiring. I have to mention that the support we got from Owen and Aidan was awesome. Thanks boys. It inspired me to get a skinned knee, two hits, and third place(foot race).

The money situation is still as bad as ever, so the hunt for a second job has begun. I'm speaking of Karen of course, as i have the part time job of improv. I know it isn't what she wanted to stack on an already difficult schedule, but we are finding it necessary. Hopefully her current job can get back to more regular clients so that she dosen't have to have the second job for long. Massages have taken a turn for the worst, as we are in this "non-recession".

The week also had me visiting with the neurologist who after a grumpy morning had me for a patient. She seemed to be upset that i couldn't take the earlier appointment in the week and was being short with me. I'm sorry i couldn't accommodate your well paid position time frame, and that being i was the patient, i couldn't possibly have something more important to do. Anyway, nothing was found, and so i have been set back in the pasture to continue my existence.

The kicker for that morning I had my appointment, was that the KIA took a crap. I was halfway down the block when i was going to second gear, and then it happened. It sounded like I ran over a can of soda and then... nothing. It was dead. Best i could figure, either the clutch or the transmission decided to give up. It got towed, so we will find out soon. Thanks to the ten year warranty KIA offers, this situation may not be as bad as expected. Oh sweet KIA, may the car gods go easy on your diagnosis.

Date night was at the movies with Indiana Jones. All i can say is ugh. What a disappointment. That many years, and that is what they came up with. And I am being generous.

Lots of improv this week. Six Ring went great with a huge turn out. SR's shows were mixed in with the AA convention. That meant the performers had a seven mile walk to the cabaret. Good stuff though, and a strong performance by The Outtakes.

This was a truly boring blog. I promise to have more opinion later.

No comments: