Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Delivery

There are things in life you don't expect to hear or see. This being one of them.

I hand the person the package from home. She holds it up to the light, stares at it with a slightly eerie smile, says... "yes, this is good, yeeeeeeeeeeesss." "How old is it?" which i reply, "from today." Person says "Gooooooood, good." Shakes said package while still investigating its contents up toward the light. She pauses to look at me for a moment, looks back at the package and says "niiiiice, very nice." My reply,"okay then, I'm going to go," which she gives a quick "fine".

This transaction took over a minute, so you can assume the awkwardness in there for the time frame.

No, this transaction was not a drug deal under scrutiny by the buyer. Instead this was a nurse at the pediatrics clinic, and the package was samples of my sons stool. (He is being tested for some allergies).

People in the medical profession are really starting to freak me out.

No comments: