Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hommage


Well, it is here. Indiana Jones makes his return. Everyone is talking about, and they should be. I remember seeing the first film in the theater when i was a kid and being mesmerized by it. I thought Harrison Ford was a god. First came Han Solo, next was Indiana Jones, and then Rick Deckard(Blade Runner). Could one man exude so much coolness in so many characters? Clearly that answer is yes. ( I know, I know, Hollywood Homicide-he is human, he is allowed one mistake.) And I wanted to be that man. Suave, aloof, thrill seeking, worldly(or spacely), awkward around women, and just plain cool. Well, I think i managed awkwardness.

So here it is, movie number four in the series. Twenty years later. Lets see if the coolness holds, and if so, maybe i still have a chance.

Here's to you Harrison. I don't know how you do it, but I'm sure it has something to do with the quote... "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go." Cue music. Don da donnn da....

No comments: