Thursday, May 15, 2008

Numbing Puppies on the Corner

Have you ever tried making a chicken salad sandwich while trying to navigate through a mine field of puppy poop and pee?? Then you haven't lived. That was my morning challenge.
We are currently fostering three puppies for the humane society. They are lab/German Shepard mix. Two males, one female, and a whole lot of adorable. Not only was I trying to gracefully choreograph a ballet through my kitchen this morning, but i was having to fight off said three puppies and their glass like teeth. They have a real knack for wanting to discover what you are hiding in your socks, and the only way they can express that is to bite into them. Adorable. Bloody toes. Still adorable. You try to scold them, but the sweetness of the puppy breath catches you, and you are reduced to a puddle. Go on adorables, chew till my feet are bloody stumps.

If your keeping track, there is probably only two more days until my temp job is over. Nothing else on the horizon currently. This is bad. I think it is time that I find my corner of the highway and invest in a piece of cardboard and a sharpie. I know that i don't want to be your average homeless person, asking for a handout. How can I stand out from the rest? How can I market myself above the rest? ow can I find a way to raise my profits above the rest? Maybe I will have to hire a marketing/advertising firm to help me promote my begging so that I can become the best street person possible and eventually franchise. There is a lot to consider here. If anything, maybe it is a funny sketch.

Have you ever felt numb? I mean literally. Have you ever felt numbness in your hand or your face and part of your foot at the same time? Did you go to a doctor? What did they tell you it was? Did they say it was bad? Something that should be worried about?( I know these questions are going to prompt some phone calls from family members) If you have any answers to these questions, feel free to let me know, as I tend to avoid the doctor. Any general advise would be welcome as well.

Improv this weekend- I have no shows personally, but there is much to see. Stevie Ray's 8pm-Fri-Sat- $15---------Improv a Go Go(6 year anniversary) $1- 8pm Go early if you want a seat.

2 comments:

Jen said...

eeee... I'm so happy to find your blog. Danke schoen, Herr Bindas! (and thank you for commenting on mine) W00t! :)

M. said...

Go to the doctor. Even a puppy knows that's a good idea.