Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Feel My Brain

Well, this day has finally reached the end. I am about to go lay my head on my very lonely pillow.
I'm exhausted because there always seems to be something I am having to catch up on, therefore I am never caught up. It seems the little things are always distracting from the bigger things.
I had made a decision in my head that I would spend this evening working on things to get my Financings under way (that's right, the housing market has run me through its roller coaster ride of terror, and the only way off is to crash and burn), but it was the little things that side tracked me from accomplishing this. Those little things are pipes. For some reason, the pipes in my house decided to have a meeting about how they would screw with my life, and the easiest way for them to do that would be to start leaking. I had a pipe in the basement and the trap under the kitchen sink crack. So, I got to go to Home Depot ( my home away from home- something about that piercing orange makes me happy) and shop for parts, and boy did i find parts. I was introduced to a fitting known as a shark. It allows you to connect pipe without soldering. That's right, without soldering. SWEET! Needless to say, it cut the fixing time by half. Pipes zero, Jason one.
Then I moved on to a chore I have been putting off, and that is getting some much needed thank you cards out to places that have given design employment. Sounds easy... but not when your printer decides it is time for you to read the manual you ignored when you bought it. It just freaked out on me. So, with much crash course studying, I made it work. Not after losing about an extra 45 minutes. Printer one, Jason zero.
I decided that i would go ahead and try to get my DVD of the one man play i performed - The Male Intellect: An Oxymoron?-put together to go out to Robert Dubac, as he has been waiting patiently for it for a while ( or has forgotten about me). I forgot to buy an envelope. Envelope one, Jason Zero.
Groceries were much needed, so the family all packed up and headed to Wal Mart Supercenter (they are rolling prices back for ME). Stressful event, but we made it. I'm only $250 lighter.
Groceries .5, Jason .5
Now, the day has come to its end, and I haven't look at one piece of paperwork for finances. I think subconsciously I wanted it this way.
Accomplishing task zero, Jason's procrastination ONE.

No comments: